- Posted July 4, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippine clash kills 3 soldiers
Major Christian Uy, 4th Infantry Division spokesperson, said the first encounter took place around 5:34 a.m. at Sitio Kapatagan, Umagoss Village, Lagonglong town, Misamis Oriental province.
Soldiers from the 58th Infantry Battalion were conducting routine security patrol when fired upon an undetermined number of NPAs.
Three troopers were hurt in this encounter with the rebel group sustaining an undetermined number of injured or casualty.
The second engagement took place an hour later as troopers, also from the same unit, were fired upon while clearing a landing zone for the helicopter that will evacuate the wounded.
A soldier was killed and another wounded in this encounter.
The third clash ensued between the blocking force of 58th Infantry Battalion and the NPAs at around 8:30 a.m. at Kibanban Village, Balingasag town, Misamis Oriental which resulted in the death of another soldier.
Pursuit operations are now ongoing against the NPA band who sustained an undetermined number of casualties in the series of incidents.