- Posted July 4, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippine senator surrenders
The 90-year-old senator is facing plunder and graft charges at the Sandiganbayan, along with Senators Ramon “Bong” Revilla Jr. and Jinggoy Estrada, in connection with the P10-billion pork barrel scandal.
In Malacanang Palace, Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. issued a statement regarding the arrest warrant issued against Enrile.
"We note the resolution of the Sandiganbayan ordering the issuance of warrants of arrest against Sen. Enrile and other co-accused. Law enforcement agencies are ready to comply with the orders of the court. We are one with the people in their collective aspirations for truth and justice to prevail, Coloma said.
As of this writing, the convoy of Enrile was on its way to the PNP Custodial Center.
Once at the custodial center, it is expected that Enrile has to undergo medical examination prior to his confinement.
Enrile is the third senator to surrender to authorities.