- Posted July 4, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl gov’t welcomes arrest of Sen. Enrile
“We are one with the people in their collective aspirations for truth and justice to prevail,” said Presidential Communication Operations Office (PCOO) Secretary Herminio Coloma Jr. said in a statement.
Coloma said law enforcement agencies are ready to comply with the orders of the court.
“As with the other previous arrests, our position remains that the issuance of the warrant is a step forward in discerning the truth in the PDAF (Priority Development Assistance Fund) scam cases,” said Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte.
Valte asked Filipinos to remain vigilant as the cases progress.
The Sandiganbayan Third Division issued warrants for the arrest of Enrile, his former aide Gigi Reyes and other co-accused after finding probable cause in the plunder raps against them.
Co-accused Senator Ramon Revilla Jr. and businesswoman Janet Lim-Napoles were earlier arraigned at the anti-graft court after being charged and arrested.
Senator Jinggoy Estrada is also charged with plunder and detained at Camp Crame custodial center over the pork barrel scam.