- Posted July 5, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Stop shielding allies, Phl president told
Speaking at an anti-pork barrel rally, Manila Auxilliary Bishop Broderick Pabillo said Aquino has spoken up in defense of his allies who have been implicated in the controversy.
Pagbillo said the group behind mass protests against the system would see to it that the President’s allies are not spared efforts to clean up the mess from the explosive revelations.
“It’s not just those in the opposition who were involved in the pork barrel issue, but also those who are allies. All those involved should be prosecuted, and not just a few should be brought down because of the issue,” he pointed out.
He said it’s not just those in the opposition who were involved in the pork barrel issue, but also those who are allies.
“All those involved should be prosecuted, and not just a few should be brought down because of the issue,” Pabillo stressed.
He challenged them to go on leave if their hands are really clean, just to allow the investigation to proceed without any chance of them exerting influence over it.
“They don’t have to resign, they could just go on leave for six months so that a proper investigation could be done,” he said.