- Posted July 4, 2014 by
Hampton Residents Provide Some Yard Equipment To Maintain Your Lawn
Having and maintaining a beautiful and healthy lawn is a lot easier if you have the right lawn care equipment. Basically, you need not to buy the expensive ones, but you must buy one with high quality. You have to choose the tools that can last many years. You can actually extend the lifespan of your yard equipment if you properly maintain it.
Different Tools You May Need To Maintain A Beautiful Lawn
1. Mowers – These are either reel or rotary-type.
a. Reel – These are powered only by pushing them forward. They are ideal for small lawns. They are somewhat the most-preferred mowers since they are inexpensive and produce zero emissions. However, you must understand that when using this type of mower, you are not allowed to grow your grass too high since the mower won’t be able to cut it properly.
b. Rotary – These mowers can be electric or gasoline powered and push-style, ride-on or self propelled push-style. They cut with blades spinning horizontally, chopping the top of the grass plants. Moreover, they can collect clippings with a bagging system, and return them to the lawn with mulching blades or perhaps disperse them out the side of the tool.
2. Blowers – These tools make use of forced air in order to blow debris into piles or clear walkways and patios. Portable blowers can either be electric or gasoline powered but bigger blowers are strictly gasoline powered. This tool can be helpful, but it is somewhat unessential since you can use a rake and broom instead.
3. Edgers – These tools are able to create more dramatic cut lines where the lawn meets walkways and beds. This is not also an essential tool; however some warm-season grasses may creep into adjacent areas when they are not edged frequently.
4. Trimmers – These tools can either be electric or gasoline powered. It makes use of a small, spinning head with plastic twine which serves as the cutting edge. It is very easy to use and maneuver. It is mainly used for trimming the grass around beds, fences, trees, and buildings.
5. De-thatchers – These are inexpensive attachments to riding mowers. Basically, dethatching is the act of roughing up the lawn in order to remove some of the dead grass and thatch. In turn, this allows water and air to penetrate the surface.
6. Aerators – These tools are used in order to relieve compaction of very small areas. If the thatch is under control, aerating can only be done once every few years.
Indeed, there are a couple of tools needed in order to have and maintain a clean, lush and healthy lawn. There are a couple of lawn care tips you must know in order to achieve this goal. Hampton residents are very glad since there are a couple of lawn care experts within their neighborhood that can teach them on how to properly care for their lawns.