- Posted July 6, 2014 by
- Musharraf treason case: Names of judges who took Nov 3 oath given to court - See more at: http://www.saach.tv/2014/07/08/musharraf-treason-case-names-of-judges-who-took-nov-3-oath-given-to-courtmush-treason-names-of-judges-who-took-nov-3-oath-given-to-cou
- Give your story a titleKayani feared religious right’s backlash against him: Athar Abbas
- N League Supporter - Justice Nasir-ul-Mulk takes oath as new chief justice of Pakistan
- Qadri's APC demands Shahbaz Sharif's resignation
- Dr Tahir-ul-Qadri's 10 points of revolutionary manifesto
'PPP to resist Qadri's movement against democracy'
These views were expressed by PPP Punjab secretary information Abid Siddiqui in a statement issued on Sunday.
He said the PPP had requested Qadri not to start any campaign against the democratic system and let it function.
He said the PPP would stand by democratic parties to protect the system and Qadri would never be allowed to succeed in his agenda.
Abid alleged that Qadri would leave the country for Canada after the collapse of the system and the people would have to face the consequences.
Earlier this week, Dr Tahirul Qadri vowed at a press conference to topple the present government "within a few weeks".
He said he was committed to bringing a revolution in Pakistan, adding that a People's Revolutionary Council would be constituted shortly.
The PAT chief called upon people to stop obeying what he termed the illegitimate orders of the authorities.
Qadri had returned to Pakistan in late June to lead what he called a revolution. He was scheduled to arrive in Islamabad but the government had ordered the diversion of the aircraft carrying him to Lahore.