- Posted July 5, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Filipinos warned against new typhoon
"We appeal to everyone to keep monitoring the weather and to take the necessary precautions," Deputy Presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said.
Valte said the weather bureau (PAGASA) has already warned residents in low-lying areas against landslides and flooding.
The PAGASA said a tropical depression, which remains outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility, is now a tropical storm. The storm will enter the country's PAR on Sunday, Valte said quoting a PAGASA forecast.
Although the storm will not make landfall, it may result to more rains in Luzon and Visayas areas.
A typhoon with international name Neoguri was also spotted 1,410 km east northeast of Virac, Catanduanes as of 4 a.m. Saturday.
Metro Manila and the rest of the country will be partly cloudy with isolated rainshowers or thunderstorms, according to PAGASA.