- Posted July 5, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippines to improve lives of Filipinos
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte mentioned the inflation rate released by the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA).
The PSA released the inflation rates for June 2014, indicating that inflation has been pegged at 4.4 percent, down from 4.5 percent last month, while core inflation also went down to 2.8 percent from 3.1 percent.
Valte said that according to the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA), inflation rates slowed down due to decelerating growth in prices of non-food items.
The current rates support a manageable and within-target outlook for the rest of year.
"In line with our development goals, an Inter-Agency Committee (IAC) has been created to oversee electrification programs and projects involving distribution utilities in the country," she said.
Valte added: "Composed of representatives from relevant agencies, the Committee has the responsibility to ensure the security and sustainability of electrification programs within the country."
The President issued the Memorandum Circular No. 65 last month outlining the creation of the interagency committee.
The Palace official said these reforms are part of the holistic strategy of the Aquino administration aimed at assisting important sectors in the country for them to contribute to national growth.