- Posted July 6, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
'Florita' gains strength; batters Philippines
In its 11 a.m. advisory, PAGASA said that since the typhoon was still in the sea, it gained strength as the maximum sustained winds increased from 165 kilometers per hour to 175 kph and its gustiness from 200 kph to 210 kph.
As of 10 a.m., the eye of "Florita" was located based on all available data at 990 kilometers east of Tuguegarao City, Cagayan (18.2°N, 132.3°E).
PAGASA said that no public storm warning signal has been raised, but "Florita" will enhance the southwest monsoon which will bring moderate rains and thunderstorms over the Bicol Region, the provinces of Mindoro, Marinduque, Romblon and Palawan, including Central Philippines while the rest of Luzon provinces will have occasional rains.
Fishing boats and other small seacrafts are advised not to venture out into the eastern seaboard of Northern and Central Philippines.
"Florita" continues to move west-northwest at 24 kph.
The weather bureau said that with its speed and movement, "Florita" is expected to be at 530 kilometers east of Basco, Batanes by Monday morning.
By Tuesday morning, it is expected to be at 530 km north-northeast of Basco, Batanes or outside the Philippine Area of Responsibility.