- Posted July 6, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- What is a discrimination? Is HHGS's Student Associations discriminating International students? Is the School of Economics, Business and Law doing something?
- How to Plan your trip, Zero Scam, and 100% Responsible
- Graduate School Alumni Association Handels Business School, Gothenburg, Sweden
- Great Security Organization for the Pope during his visit in Molise, Italy
- Extraordinary Security Organization in Campobasso, Castelpetroso, Isernia, Italy, for the visit of the Pope.
Bergoglio (Francesco) Pope, visit Molise Region, Italy
Molise region is the second smallest region in Italy.
This region is characterized by a high lever of unemployed rate, politician high costs (compared with bigger regions in Italy), but also an amazing landscape, nature, and really welcoming people characterize this place.
The Pope arrived July 5th, 2014 by helicopter at 8.30 at the University (Unimol), in Campobasso.
He spent the morning in the University meeting, in order to get some information about the region and the young generation.
After the University, with his white and amazing Pope Mobile, he went to celebrate the Mess to the ex-Romagnoli stadium.
Thousands of pilgrims, from the region, and other cities arrived to Campobasso and celebrate the mess with the Pope.
Molise residents were really excited to meet the Pope, because many Italian politicians, do not dedicate the right attention to this region, because really small, and with the lack of economic opportunities.
At the end of the celebration, the Pope went to visit the Cathedral, where he had a private meeting with disabled people.
Thousand of people, were still waiting him, outside of the cathedral. He also had the possibility to hug, some children without their own families.
During the time of the lunch break, the Pope went to the local "Caritas", eating a special meal with poor people.
Francesco brought everywhere a smile, an excitement feeling among Campobasso!
The city welcomed him, in a special way; and today, during the celebration in Rome, he remarked his gratitude to the Molise and Campobasso.
Thank you Francesco for visiting Campobasso.
by Achille Loce Mandes