- Posted July 7, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl gov’t rejects SRP of food manufacturers
Presidential Communication Operations Office Secretary Hermino Coloma, Jr., said the Department of Trade and Industry (DTI) has declined the request of some manufacturers’ petition for price increase.
Only manufactured goods has suggested retail prices.
Coloma also assured the public that there will be no price hike in the prices of flours.
He said the government continues to monitor the prices of other agriculture products, which according to DTI will retain its current prices this week. This covers the prices of eggs, sugar, poultry, pork, and even National Food Authority (NFA) rice.
On the other hand, prices of processed milk are expected go up as the prices of skimmed milk and whole powdered milk in the world market increased.
“But this increase has been limited between 40 centavos and P4.30 despite the manufacturers’ request,” Coloma stressed.
Among the inter-government agencies that monitor the prices are the DTI, Department of Agriculture, Philippine National Police, National Bureau of Investigation, and the Presidential Assistant on Food Security and Agriculture Modernization.