- Posted July 8, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl gov’t to Filipinos: Leave Afghanistan!
Level 3 or voluntary repatriation phase was raised due to the heightened tensions in that country following the conduct of the presidential elections last June 14, a Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) statement said Monday.
Most of the Filipinos there are working for U.S. contractors, the DFA said.
Alert Level 3 is declared when violent disturbances or external aggression occurs in a limited area of a country, the DFA explained.
“With this announcement, Filipinos in Afghanistan are strongly encouraged to volunteer to return to the Philippines,” it said.
Manila maintains a total ban on the deployment of Filipino workers to Afghanistan.
In the meantime, the DFA said it continues to monitor the political and security developments in Afghanistan.