- Posted July 15, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Flooding, landslide threaten Phl
All concerned disaster risk reduction management councils (DRRMCs) are also advised to intensity the conduct of information dissemination in the eastern seaboard, said Dr. Blanche Gobenciong, OCD 8 regional director.
Typhoon signal number 3 has been hoisted over Northern Samar; signal number 2 in Eastern Samar and Western Samar and signal number 1 over northern Leyte and Biliran Island.
Currently, they are waiting updates from the Northern Samar PDRRMC that convened Monday for their needed preparation.
On the other hand, date received from the City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (CDRRMO) of Tacloban disclosed some 150 families already evacuated at the Tacloban City Astrodome. These are families staying in tent cities in San Jose district’s Village 88.
Gobenciong added that they are coordinating with the Philippine Army and the Philippine Air Force for the evacuation of families in Magallanes district and Village 58, all in Tacloban City.
Meanwhile, the Philippine Coast Guard-Catbalogan disclosed that some 1,540 passengers and 173 rolling cargoes are stranded at Northern Samar’s Allen Port as of 3 a.m. Tuesday.