- Posted July 15, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippines moves ahead of ‘Glenda’
DSWD Secretary Corazon Soliman said they continue to be on alert status and assured readiness in assisting local government units (LGUs) in responding to the needs of affected families.
Soliman said they prepositioned a total of 35,918 family food packs, 45,473 assorted food items, and 105,601 assorted non-food items ready for distribution to LGUs.
She added that as of Tuesday morning, a total of 189,764 assorted food items are on stand-by in Region 5.
In Northern Luzon, 34 disaster operation volunteers under the Bayanihang Bayan Program and 50 skilled volunteers from the military and the academe are ready for duty.
A total of 339 evacuation centers are also identified around the region.
The DSWD chief cited that in Cagayan Valley, a surge team with 12 members knowledgeable in disaster management and psycho-social processing was created and ready for deployment anytime.
To date, about DSWD 65 evacuation centers were identified by DSWD to temporarily provide relief assistance when the need arises.
In Central Luzon, 8,242 family food packs and 2,800 sleeping kits were prepositioned to the Provincial Social Welfare and Development (SWAD) offices in the provinces of Aurora, Bulacan, Tarlac and Zambales, including Olongapo City.