- Posted July 16, 2014 by
- Nathan Jurczyk and Sbga Delivers Company's Largest Donation for Special Advocate Children
- New Author David Di Paolo Combines Love of Medicine, Mystery and Multinational Folklore in His Novel The Artemis Connection
- South Camden Theatre Company Continues its 10th Anniversary Season with a Production of AGNES OF GOD by John Pielmeier
- Habitat Apartments received the commendation for "Spain's Leading Serviced Apartment Brand 2014"
- Fantasy Writer K.L. Bone to Be Featured at Rusty Grape Vineyard Book Signing and Wine Tasting with New Book, Black Rose
SPEAK UP CINCINNATI! A new website launched for YOU
Cincinnati, OH-KY-IN - In March 2014, the new Cincinnati Mayor and his City Administration began scrutiny of a group of sober living homes on the West Side of Cincinnati (Price Hill).
All of this during a major drug epidemic in the Cincinnati area.
These 7 houses had been in operation - with no complaints and no incidents - since early 2010. They had been a staple in the alcoholism and addiction recovery community for over four years.
The new administration and some smaller groups continue their unfounded allegations against New Foundations Transitional Living today while the drama plays out through attorneys.
By July 2014, Jason Lee Overbey, the Director of New Foundations, had enough of it all.
"There are over 120 clean and sober residents who are caught in the middle of a political battle that, honestly, stems from property value concerns. And yet, not one shred of proof can be brought to light showing any such decline in values. All the arguments they are raising against New Foundations are specious at best. All of them. We have fought since March for these residents. I will continue to fight. We have broken no law(s) whatsoever and I will not put up with political bullying based on unfounded claims when the lives of these men and women are in the balance. Addiction is a number one public policy issue in this region. Our work is part of the solution to that problem!" Jason Overbey said on July 4, 2014.
As a result of the fight, Mr. Overbey decided to look into local politics, government and the operations of the new administration. He delve deep and fast into local Cincinnati Government.
"It is time for the People to have a voice in one place. At one time. For one cause... and that cause is: The Best Cincinnati. An Open Cincinnati." Mr. Overbey said online.
The Speak Up Cincinnati website launches late July 2014.
The site will have aggregated news, in depth links and resources, maps, government watch posts, and Ohio politics and news. The site will list critical upcoming networking events and striking graphics and videos.
Speak Up Cincinnati will also host the most powerful forum for the public to voice opinions, praise a job well done and hold the lazy in office accountable.
As Founder and Chief Editor of the site, Mr. Overbey commits to reviewing posts in the forum and giving all of them the attention they deserve. He said online last week that he has invested a lot of time and money into the marketing and launch of this site... "because it is worth it, it is necessary... it is time!"