- Posted July 17, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Plane crash in Ukraine
- Youngest Formula One driver Max Verstappen age 16 makes Formula One debut at VKV City Racing Rotterdam 31th August
- Dutch Kinq Willem Alexander and Queen Maxima pays repect by singin the register
- Pressconference MH17 by Minister of Security and Justice Mr. Ivo Opstelten The Netherlands
- UPDATE 198 dutch caussulties MH17 4 people not identify by nationality
- UPDATE 198 dutch caussulties MH17 4 people not identief by nationality
Statement Malasya airlines
Friday, July 18, 07:30 AM SGT +0800 Media Statement 2 : MH17 Incident
Media Statement 2 : MH17 Incident
With immediate effect, all European flights operated by Malaysia Airlines will be taking alternative routes avoiding the usual route.
Malaysia Airlines flight MH17, which was on a scheduled flight from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur went down in eastern Ukraine. Malaysia Airlines confirms that the aircraft did not make a distress call.
The usual flight route was earlier declared safe by the International Civil Aviation Organisation. International Air Transportation Association has stated that the airspace the aircraft was traversing was not subject to restrictions.
As opposed to the earlier statement, the flight was carrying a total number of 298 people – comprising 283 passengers including three infants of various nationalities and 15 crew of Malaysian nationality. Some of the nationalities of the passengers are yet to be determined.
List of number of passengers and crew according to nationality are as follows:-
45 (including 15 crew & 2 infants)
12 (including 1 infant)
Malaysia Airlines is in the process of notifying the next-of-kin of the passengers and crew.
Our focus now is to work with the emergency responders and authorities and mobilize its full support to provide all possible care to the next-of-kin. Malaysia Airlines is deploying its “Go Team” to Amsterdam with a group of caregivers and volunteers to assist the family members of the passengers.
Our thoughts and prayers are with all affected passengers and crew and their family members.