- Posted July 18, 2014 by
New York City, New York
- From Brokenness Flows a New Awakening
- MOVEMENT DAY 2014 & THE POWER of AUTHENTIC COMMUNITIES
- Q&A with John B. Wallace on Starting at the Finish Line
- Q&A with “Mama Lilly” Lillian Ann Klepp About Orphans in Sudan
- Jon Edmonds Takes the Lead as the First Executive Director for Movement Day Greater Dallas
9 to 5: The New Window for Missions
On October 23, 2014 business leaders will join other Christian leaders from every sector of society when they convene at Movement Day in New York City for the 5th year in a row. The idea? Transform cities by creating gospel movements. Marketplace leaders are convinced that their influence in the workplace is a fundamental key to that transformation.
Since vast numbers of people spend the majority of their time at work or work-related events, it makes sense that Christians in the workplace devote a significant amount of their waking hours to relationships with people that they can also influence the most with the Gospel.
“Billy Graham has said the marketplace in this century will be for the spread of the gospel what the medical profession was last century,” Movement Day speaker and leader Bob Doll says. “Do you work heartily for the Lord as a marketplace person? It is the 9-5 window as opposed to the 10/40 window. We need to match our action and attitudes to God’s.” Movement Day seeks to do that very thing.