- Posted July 20, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
New violence in Israel and West Bank
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Repatriation of Filipinos in Gaza Strip in effect
Presidential Communication Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr. said the
Philippine government is now imposing a mandatory repatriation for Filipinos in Gaza Strip as the tension between Israel and Hamas escalates.
“According to the DFA, Philippine embassies in Cairo, Tel Aviv, and Aman are ready to evacuate and repatriate Filipinos in Gaza. This is in cooperation with authorities in Israel, Egypt, Jordan and United Nations,” Coloma said.
Meanwhile, the DFA also issues Alert Level II or restricted phase on areas in approximately 15 kilometers away from the conflict zone. Alert Level I or the precautionary phase is raised in the West Bank and other parts of Israel.
Malacanang also joined other nations that called for a cease fire in the conflict area.
“The country joins the United Nations in calling for ceasefire to prevent death of the innocents,” Coloma said.
Israeli troops are on the offense against Hamas militants who are launching rockets and indiscriminately targeting cities in Israel.