- Posted July 20, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Wrath of ‘Glenda’ leaves 94 deaths in Phl
In its 6 a.m. update, NDRRMC said the concentration of the casualties is located in the Southern Tagalog Region with a total of 62 confirmed deaths: 21 from Quezon Province, 17 in Laguna and 13 in Batangas.
Most of the fatalities were killed after being hit by falling trees and other debris, the report said.
In Malacanang Palace, Presidential Communication Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr. told reporters in a press briefing that total damages to infrastructure and agriculture by typhoon Glenda has reached 7.6 billion pesos.
Coloma said the cost includes the damages on public buildings, infrastructures, schools and agriculture.
Coloma also reported that there are regions that reported zero casualties.
“No casualties were reported in regions and provinces directly affected by the typhoon such as Albay, Camarines Norte, and Masbate. No casualty was also reported in the National Capital Region,” Coloma said.