- Posted July 20, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
13,000 Filipinos trapped in war-torn Libya
Alert 4 -- the highest crisis level imposed by the Philippines on countries experiencing civil strife or armed conflict -- calls for mandatory evacuation at the expense of the Philippine government. It also bans travel to and the deployment of workers to said countries.
“The Department of Foreign Affairs has raised Alert Level 4 in Libya in response to the extremely unstable political and security situation there,” a security notice issued by the DFA said.
“Under Alert Level 4, the Philippine government undertakes evacuation of about 13,000 Filipino nationals there as soon as possible while no Filipino national will be allowed to travel to Libya.”
Filipinos in Libya are asked to contact the Philippine Embassy in Tripoli for instructions regarding mass evacuation, the DFA said.