- Posted July 21, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl senator to budget chief: Release DAP SAROs
"The records are with the DBM and Secretary Florencio Abad and the DBM is conducting a thorough research on the matter. Upon the completion of its report, the DBM should release them for the sake of transparency," Drilon said.
He stressed: "These are public records and it is only right that the public be given access to these documents so that they can scrutinize and find out if public funds were indeed put for public use."
The Senate President likewise reiterated his earlier call for the Commission on Audit (COA) to conduct a comprehensive audit of the DAP, and investigate if there were red flags in the implementation.
He said a COA full-blown audit would find out if DAP funds were misspent.
"The COA should heed calls for a complete audit of DAP. Only a COA report would dispel fears that these funds were used for personal gains," Drilon concluded.
The Supreme Court said in its recent decision that spending funds sourced from DAP is unconstitutional.