- Posted July 22, 2014 by
Oak Brook, Illinois
- Tips for Avoiding Pet Food Risks
- Hound & Gatos Pet Foods Corporation Awarded "2015 Most Trusted Pet Foods" Award
- 10 Biggest Scams and Mistakes the IRS Sees as Red Flags
- 10 Foods to Help Protect Your Body's Largest Organ - Your Skin
- Guardians of Rescue Place Rescue Dog as Service Dog with Local Veteran for Christmas
New Service Connects Hospitals and Doctors, Offering Hiring Tips
HiredMD’s new website service helps connect hospitals with top-notch physicians around the country. This comes at a time when many rural hospitals are having difficulty finding qualified talent to recruit for their teams. This site aims to help level the playing field, making it easier for hospitals to easily gain access with and make the connection to the doctors they need and want, including those in specialty areas.
“We are excited to help doctors and employers make the connection,” explained Dan Mullaney, co-founder of HiredMD. “This service is exactly that many hospitals and clinics around the country are in need of, and we are happy to bring it to them.”
HiredMD, referred to as The Physician Marketplace, offers doctors of all types the opportunity to create a free profile, showcasing their talent. They can provide information about their specialty, experience, licensure, and more. This information is accessible by those looking to hire physicians, including hospitals and clinics. Physicians can use the site to help negotiate a more desirable salary and determine if they are receiving full market value.
Those looking to hire a physician can search through the database of candidates for free, read their profiles, and arrange for interviews. The service helps them shorten the hiring process and possibly gain the ability to hire those they wouldn’t be able to in a closed environment. Similar to an auction, the employer or recruiter can place a salary bid of what they would like to offer the candidate. They have the ability to see the other salaries that have been offered, yet each company remains anonymous. Only if they decide to hire the doctor does the employer pay a fee for using the service that helped them make the connection.
This service provides an ideal platform that is easy to use and allows employers and doctors to use it when it is convenient. Hospitals will find that they are able to connect with top-notch doctors in a wide variety of specialty areas. They can also narrow doctors down to states they are licensed in, as well as those states that the doctors are willing to become licensed in.
Here are some tips for physicians who are seeking employment:
- Know what you want out of a position before you even create your profile. This will help you tailor your profile so that it is found by those seeking someone with the same goals.
- Don’t hold back in creating your profile. This is the time to focus on your accomplishments and showcase your abilities. Consider what your potential employers will want to know regarding your specialty, experience, and licensure.
- If you are not comfortable writing your own profile hire a professional writer. Many people find it difficult to write about themselves. Hire either a resume writer or bio writer, as they will be able to capitalize on your best features and write a compelling profile that gets noticed.
- Don’t be afraid to negotiate on more than just the salary. Most hospitals and clinics are desperate for qualified physicians, so you can use that to your advantage to get what it is that you need to make it more enticing to join their team.
- It goes without saying, but even though profiles should showcase your important information you also want to make sure it’s all truthful. Avoid stretching the truth or adding in something that hasn’t yet happened.
- Be open to taking interviews from all the places that contact you. In other words, don’t automatically discount a hospital because of its location. One interview can change your thoughts on the place and it could turn out to be a wonderful opportunity.
“We have created this easy to use service with both the doctor and potential employers in mind,” added Mullaney. “We are confident that those looking to hire a good doctor will find exactly what they are looking for at HiredMD. Hospitals have a reputation of helping those in need, now we are putting our minds together to help them in return.”
The Physician Marketplace aims to become the most used source for connecting hospitals and doctors in America. It is a service that helps to level the playing field between urban and suburban hospitals and clinics seeking top physicians to hire.