- Posted July 22, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl president to tackle social issues in 5th SONA
PHILIPPINE President Benigno Aquino III is expected to focus his 5th State of the Nation Address (SONA) on Monday on what is being done by the government to improve the condition of Filipinos, a Palace official said.
"Like before, he wants the people to know and understand what their President is doing," Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr. said in a press briefing on Tuesday.
The President's upcoming SONA is in line with the administration's Philippine Development Plan, Coloma said.
He said Aquino will tackle such issues as livelihood, social welfare and social protection, security and peace and order, good governance and anti-corruption, as well as climate change mitigation and adaptation.
“President Aquino will particularly focus on climate issues because of the devastation caused by Typhoon ‘Yolanda’ and the earthquake in Bohol and Cebu,” Coloma said.
As in the past, the President thinks of the concept of his SONA, does the outline of his speech, and lists the points he wants to convey to the people, Coloma concluded.