- Posted July 22, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- So, "Five Republican Candidates Walk into a Koch Brothers' Donor Retreat"...Beginning of a Bad Joke or Travesty of US Representative Government?
- 9/11 to Now: Ways We Have Changed Our Language and Traded Security for Freedom
- How Our Country and Its Language has Changed since 9/11- One Nation under Surveillance for Liberty and Justice for All?
- The GOP Tries to Sink Another Iran Deal; It's Not the First Time. Remember Reagan’s Deal with Iran? Our Coup? The Shah" No? You Must Be Republican
- $15 an Hour in NY? Where's the Outrage Over Corporate America's Continuous 'Raises'? Fast Food's Raise Will Leverage Hike for All Workers in America
The World's People Deserve Peace, But Governments, Raytheon and Northrop Grumman Want Wars
That's what people want. But, no.
Senators John McCain and Lindsey Graham want war.
Their calls for arming the Ukraines are alarming.
The Dutch father, Hans de Borst ,whose teenage daughter, Elsemiek de Borst was killed on the Malaysia Airlines flight shot down over Ukraine wrote an eviscerating letter to Russian President Vladimir Putin:
“Thank you very much mister Putin, leaders of the separatists or the Ukraine government! For murdering my loved and only child,!”
He might just have sent the same letter to McCain and Graham. Or to Victoria Nuland, of "F the EU" fame.
Or the countless executives at Northrup Grumman and Raytheon that profit from the continued violence that built the missile that brought down his daughter's plane.
There's a lot of responsibility to go around.
The U.S. is responsible for having started the coup that's lead to the mess in Ukraine.
More angry letters should be sent to those responsible around the World including those that invest in weapon manufacturing companies.
But don't count on letters themselves to sway these men from killing and causing the deaths of innocent people.
They are incorrigible. They have no shame nor remorse for the despicable acts they order and support and then deny their involvement.
They are cowards- the lowest of low. Willing to make money on the suffering of innocent 17 year olds that just wanted to be an engineer and enjoy a summer vacation with her family.
Now, this father who lost his daughter is left to ponder the , "what ifs" alone, comforted at best by photos of his dead daughter and why?
The image of Elsemiek de Borst is particularly troubling to me because my daughter, Kara, looks so much like her. She too has dreams to fulfill.
But Elsemiek will not have that opportunity.
My heart goes out to the many victim's families of the Malaysian Airline that was brought down by the war mongers and greedy capitalists that see conflict as a way of profiting on people's suffering.
I apologize for my country's involvement in this tragedy and also for the tragedy that persists in Gaza because my country's government is too cowardly to stand up to Israel's brutal tyrant, Netanyahu while he murders children.
The people of this World deserve better governance.
They deserve peace and prosperity. We deserve new leadership and together we can achieve that.
We must demand it.