- Posted July 24, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Power shortage in Philippines projected
Presidential Communications Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr. said the DOE has projected that there will be a power shortage from March to May next year, as the demand for electricity increases during summer.
Coloma, however, assured the government would not pass on to consumers the costs of increasing next year’s power supply, as what happened in the early 1990s.
“He (Energy Secretary Jericho Petilla) said that based on his simulations, this will not resort to high power rates,” he said.
The Communications Secretary said the government will ensure a stable power supply at reasonable rates for next year.