- Posted July 25, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl, MILF looking forward to peace
Deles issued the statement as both parties are determining issues in the political agreements that will be included in the draft Bangsamoro Basic Law (BBL) which the peace panels aim to submit to Congress at the soonest possible time.
“That is not a moving away or diluting political agreements that have already been signed, but are issues about what should now be put in the law,” Deles said in a media interview.
She said the peace panels do not want to renegotiate issues that have already been agreed upon.
“The problem is in the interpretation of how a political agreement is put into legal form. And I think that’s what’s very important in what happened yesterday,” Deles added.
She said President Benigno Aquino III indicated the need to submit the draft BBL to Congress as early as possible.
For her part, Deputy Presidential Spokesperson Abigail Valte said the President assured that he would push the BBL with conviction.
Valte said the Bangsamoro Transition Commission (BTC) has come up with the resolution asking the peace panels to look at some of the issues that have been raised between the legal team and the Commission on the draft law.