- Posted July 25, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The US Revolution is Being Televised
- Obama Backs Spending Bill That Guts Financial Regulation To Avoid Shutdown? Is Obama Really a Democrat?
- No Indictments for Torture- Bush Administration; Murder- Police Officers- Darren Wilson and Daniel Pantaleo, or Fraud- Wall Street Banksters In US?
- Lower Gasoline Prices Are About 'Hurting Russia', Not 'Helping Americans
- US Bears Witness to the Savagery and Idiocy of the CIA's Torture
Drone Protests Now Illegal in U.S.- Grandmother Given a Year in Jail for Protesting the Killing of Civilians
The phrase has fallen out of use lately in the United States.
Remember, when protesting the U.S.'s 'legal use of drones to kill indiscriminately overseas', be sure to have your affairs in order before you do.
A Syracuse grandmother is now spending a year in jail for violating a court order not to protest too closely to Hancock Air Force Base in Syracuse. She's not alone.
Many protesters are now serving time for objecting to killing innocent civilians as collateral damage when the U.S. plays their video war game in which the lives that are taken don't pop back up as alive when the game is started again.
Obama says he disagrees with protesters on the use of drones.
And our courts, once thought to be there to protect the people, send a chilling message to anyone who disagrees with the president's program.
It's no wonder that the U.S. stands by and says nothing to Israel for their bombing civilians in Gaza.
We do it ourselves. They just don't want the publicity and will jail you to discourage dissent.
Land of the Free, indeed.
A Man in Prison for Protesting US Drones