- Posted July 28, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl lawmaker: Aquino should say 'sorry'
Ilagan said President Aquino’s administration failed to fulfill its campaign promises, one of which is to uplift the lives of the poorest of the poor because of massive graft and corruption committed by his political allies.
In an early morning interview over dzRH Radio-Manila, the militant lawmaker made mention of the controversial Disbursement Acceleration Program (DAP) funds that went to the pockets of President Aquino’s chosen men.
It can be recalled that portions of DAP funds were allegedly used by the Aquino administration in bribing senators to impeach former Chief Justice Renato Corona in 2012.
Opposition lawmakers claimed Budget Secretary Florencio “Butch” Abad is the brain of DAP, which was declared by the Supreme Court as unconstitutional.
Abad had been grilled by the Senate finance committee regarding the DAP controversy.
During the Senate hearing held last week, opposition quarters alleged that Senate President Franklin Drilon acted as Abad’s legal counsel in his interrogation.
They claimed Drilon answered his own questions when he cross-examined Abad.