- Posted July 28, 2014 by
San Francisco, California
- San Francisco-Based Landis Communications Inc. (LCI) Expands Team In Preparation for Next Phase of Growth
- 86 PERCENT OF SMALL BUSINESS OWNERS INDICATE GROWING OPTIMISM ACCORDING TO LATEST CALIFORNIA BANK & TRUST SURVEY
- BAY AREA CEMETERIES PARTNER WITH THE NELSON MANDELA FOUNDATION AND THE NAACP TO ERECT MONUMENT IN MANDELA’S HONOR
- Merlin Entertainments Group Opening North America’s First-Ever Dungeon Attraction in San Francisco in Summer 2014
- SISVEL TECHNOLOGY TO SHOWCASE 3DZ TILE FORMAT AT INTERNATIONAL CES 2014: Backward compatible 2D transmissions and glasses-free solutions to fulfill 3D market needs
UCSF Medical Center Invites the Community to Support UCSF’s Mission Bay Hospitals and Celebrate with 5k Hard Hat Walk and Lights On Festival On Sept. 6
The fundraising events support the new UCSF Mission Bay hospitals which include the UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital, the UCSF Betty Irene Moore Women’s Hospital and the UCSF Bakar Cancer Hospital. The three hospitals have a total of 289 individual patient rooms.
"The 5K Hard Hat Walk and Lights On Festival are two of our final fundraising events leading up to the opening of our new hospitals,” said Mark R. Laret, CEO of UCSF Medical Center and UCSF Benioff Children's Hospitals. “We hope UCSF patients, families and staff, along with the generous Bay Area communities and businesses, come out and join the events to support our new home in Mission Bay.”
Participants can walk as individuals or form teams. Each participant must register and raise $25 for the Hard Hat Walk; an additional $75 raised gains entry to the Lights On Festival. Children 12 and under have no minimum fundraising requirements.
The walk begins on Third Street at 3:30 p.m.; those who have raised $100+ can enjoy free refreshments from 20+ local eateries and entertainment from 10+ live performance groups. As the sun sets, the festival will conclude with a countdown to a light show projected onto the new facilities. A time-lapse video of the construction is available at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-TE9BKSXCw.
To register, donate or form a team, visit ucsfhardhatwalk.com.
About UCSF Medical Center:
UCSF Medical Center consistently ranks as one of the top 10 hospitals in the United States. Recognized for innovative treatments, advanced technology, collaboration among health care professionals and scientists, and a highly compassionate patient care team, UCSF Medical Center serves as the academic medical center of the University of California, San Francisco.