- Posted August 3, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl hopes for smooth passage of Moro Law
Presidential Communication Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr. told reporters in a press briefing over the state-run dzRB Radio-Manila that both panels will utilize “appropriate language” to ensure compliance with the Constitution.
Both the Senate and the House of Representatives will deliberate the BBL in their respective plenary sessions and will stipulate in the proposed law. During the sessions the language used and constitutionality is often debated.
"Both panels know that BBL will pass through the scrutiny of Congress to make sure that no changes will be made in the Constitution,”
Coloma noted that Senate President Franklin Drilon said they needed sufficient time to discuss the BBL in both Houses of Congress.
He also said President Benigno Aquino III and MILF chairman Murad Ebrahim has both expressed their determination to have peace in Mindanao.
Last week, the President gave Congress the government's priority list of proposed laws, the BBL is one of those bills.
In March 27, the Comprehensive Agreement on the Bangsamoro was signed after the MILF and the Philippine government panel came up with an agreement.