- Posted August 2, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippines moves vs Ebola virus
Deputy Presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said the government has a standard procedure, especially in monitoring airports to track people who may have the disease.
Valte said the DOH is on high alert to make sure that that Ebola virus could not enter the country.
“The DOH has gained experience and capability from its preparations on previous threats like the MERS-CoV,” Valte said.
Right now the DOH is strictly monitoring migrant workers arriving in the country, assessing their origin, and always ready to carry out quarantine measures, especially those coming from countries with reported Ebola infections.
Asked if President Benigno Aquino III still has confidence with the DOH to handle the issue, Valte said he the trusts health officials in tackling the Ebola virus having worked with them when the threat of MERS-CoV was high.
Valte said health officials have also issued advisories on the importation of exotic animals from Africa which could carry the virus.
The DOH has also issued an advisory to the armed forces because some of its personnel serve as peace keepers in Liberia where Ebola infection has been reported.