- Posted August 2, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippines ready for 2015 APEC Summit
Deputy presidential spokesperson Abigail Valte said the government is already building and rehabilitating infrastructures to be used during the summit.
Opening of the summit will be held in Iloilo City and will be concluded in Manila, Valte said.
The venue for the leaders' summit, the business sector and the APEC CEO summit is also being prepared, she said.
The President has already chosen different venues where the meetings will be held but Valte said the details are still being finalized and the Palace will do the announcement once everything is threshed out.
At the same time, Valte said the organizing council for the summit has started capacity building workshops to ensure that departments and agencies are ready to host and receive guests from 20 member-economies of the APEC.
The country hosted the World Economic Forum on East Asia last May and it will be followed by the APEC summit next year.
The Philippines's hosting the 2015 APEC summit is seen to boost investment in the country.
The country last hosted APEC summit in 1996 during the presidency of Fidel Ramos.