- Posted August 4, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl senator wants cash program probed
Lacierda was commenting on the statement made by Senator Ferdinand “Bongbong” Marcos, Jr. seeking for a review of the CCT program to see if it has helped poverty alleviation efforts.
Lacierda stressed that the CCT program provides a bridge between that stage when the poorest of the poor have nothing and the time when they find employment.
He explained that the “poorest of the poor” are identified through a National Household Targeting Survey.
He said the government provides them livelihood.
“For instance, we give them 10,000 pesos to start a business. No interest, no collateral, and payable in two years,” Lacierda said.
To ensure the success of the CCT program, the Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) monitors the beneficiaries if they do send their children to school and give them proper health care.
“To a large extent, it will be criminal for us not to help the poorest of the poor. That is our commitment—that no one should be left behind,” Lacierda concluded.