- Posted August 4, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- But Trump Can Win! Supporters Don't Care What Government Will Do; As Long As Their Side is in Power and Wins!
- Americans Are Tired of Hearing that "No Wrong - Doing Was Found"
- The US Will Investigate Its Own Human Rights Abuses After Admitting to Hypocrisy After Pressing Cuba on their Abuses
- GOP to Voters: "I'm not Hillary Clinton. And psss...She's Really Bad
- Megyn Kelly vs. Trump's Remarks Exposes GOP’s Own Hypocrisy and ‘War on Women’
Free the Al-Jazeera Journalists! The U.S. Needs to Pressure Egypt by Withholding Aid.
A word or a threat from President Obama could free these men.
We continue to give Egypt billions of dollars annually.
A free press is important to democracy in the Middle East, Israel, the United States and around the World so that people can make informed decisions.
That free press should be able to expose government malfeasance when it is is contrary to the people's interest.
And no government should be able to jail the press or protesters to silence them, but we see this happening all too often in Democracies.
The United States is imprisoning drone protesters here. Israel rocketed Al Jazeera's news headquarters in Gaza.
People deserve the truth form our press and governments have a responsibility to facilitate the reporting that brings us that truth.
These journalists need to be freed now.
President Obama or Secretary of State John Kerry could do this with a simple phone call and 'a little diplomacy'.
And while they are at it, they should pardon the grandmother in Upstate New York for protesting their use of drones indiscriminately without as much regard as is needed for the loss of civilian life as collateral damage in our continued" War on Terror".