- Posted August 5, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl to improve agriculture sector
Coloma said the government has assessed 44 provinces based on high poverty magnitude, poverty incidence, and vulnerability to natural disasters, which contribute to poverty.
It is also helping the farmers increase their yield and is giving them opportunities to plant high-yielding crops to increase their income, he said.
Commenting on criticisms that the sector has been lacking support from the government for a long time, Coloma said data from the National Economic and Development Authority (NEDA) could be analyzed to see if the farmers’ incomes have increased.