- Posted August 6, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Will Phl, MILF agree on Moro draft law?
Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda said in a press briefing that the Palace wants to see a draft law that is acceptable to both sides.
Lacierda was commenting on a statement made by House of Representatives Speaker Feliciano Belmonte that Congress might not be able to meet the December deadline for passing the Bangsamoro Basic Law due to the delay in its submission.
"We would certainly still hope for the best. Our understanding also from Senator Frank Drilon is that he was working on a timetable from, if not the end of December, to the first quarter of next year," Lacierda said.
He added: "Certainly, we would hope that we can expedite the process, but it has not yet been submitted to Congress. And so, they are being realistic, for instance, on the timetable."
He, however, noted that everyone is conscious of the fact that the draft law is important and should thus be attended to as soon as it is submitted to Congress for deliberation.
He further said that even if the basic law is passed by the first quarter of next year, the government would still hold a plebiscite in