- Posted August 8, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Phl president receives US lawmakers
The US delegation included Sen. Ronald Wyden (D-Oregon), member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence; Sen. Robert Corker (R-Tennessee), ranking member of Senate Foreign Relations Committee; Rep. Rodney Frelinghuysen (R-New Jersey), chairman of Subcommittee on Defense, House Appropriations Committee; Rep. Kay Granger (R-Texas), vice chairman of the House Appropriations Committee; Rep. Ken Calvet (R-California), House Appropriations Committee; and Rep. Jim Moran (D-Virginia), House Appropriations Committee.
The American legislators were accompanied by US Ambassador to the Philippines Philip Goldberg.
Also present were Cabinet Secretary Jose Rene Almendras, Presidential Management Staff chief Julia Abad, Defense Secretary Voltaire Gazmin, Finance Secretary Cesar Purisima, and National Economic and Development Authority Director General Arsenio Balisacan.