- Posted August 8, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Filipinos in Libya told: Value life over jobs
In a press briefing on Friday, Presidential Communication Operations Office (PCOO) Herminio Coloma Jr. said one can agree with the proposition that when lives are at risk, one should value life and save it.
Coloma stressed that if Filipinos stick to the reason of losing jobs should they return home while the internal conflict is raging and people are dying, but they don’t heed the call for mandatory repatriation and mandatory evacuation, it seems they’re betting their lives.
He said the government has already assured Filipino workers returning from Libya of new jobs or other means of livelihood in the Philippines or in other countries.
According to the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA), of the total 13,000 Filipino nationals in Libya, only about 800 have returned home despite an urgent call from the government to leave amid the escalating conflict there.