- Posted August 8, 2014 by
Beverly Hills, California
- “Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.” ― John F. Kennedy
- “Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.” ― Stephen Hawking
- “If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane.” ― Robert Frost
- "If we are ever to have real peace in this world we shall have to begin with the children." -- Mohandas K. Gandhi
- Şampiyon Fenerbahçe! Champion Fenerbahçe!
Praying for Peace at the “Western Wall of the Temple”
The Western Wall (Hebrew: הכותל המערבי, translit.: HaKotel HaMa'aravi), sometimes referred to as the Wailing Wall or simply the Kotel (lit. Wall; Ashkenazic pronunciation: Kosel), and as al-Buraq Wall by Muslims, is an important Jewish religious site located in the Old City of Jerusalem. Just over half the wall, including its 17 courses located below street level, dates from the end of the Second Temple period, being constructed around 19 BCE by Herod the Great. The remaining layers were added from the 7th century onwards.
Praying for Peace at the “Western Wall of the Temple” by Metin Bereketli © 2009
Acrylic on canvas
"PRAYING FOR PEACE" U.S Postage Stamp by Metin Bereketli
Metin contributed to over 100 non-profits and charities in the past, a partial list of which can be viewed at: http://www.metinbereketli.com/pages/charity.html