About this iReport
  • Not verified by CNN

  • Click to view omeroscar's profile
    Posted August 10, 2014 by

    More from omeroscar

    Phl monitors 2 Filipinos on Ebola virus


    THE Philippine government on Sunday dispelled fears that the fatal Ebola virus may have reached the country although two of the 15 overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who returned to Manila on Friday are being closely monitored.
    Presidential Communication Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr., told reporters in a press briefing over dzRB Radio-Manila that the country remains Ebola-free.
    “According to the Department of Health (DOH), Philippines remains Ebola-free. No report on Ebola cases in the country,” Coloma said.
    The DOH has cleared five out of 15 Filipino migrant workers from Sierra Leone who returned to the country last month, while two others are still being closely monitored.
    Coloma added that the DOH is equipped to handle the situation should there be a case of Ebola reaching Philippine shores.
    He said the DOH led by Secretary Enrique Ona has enough capability against Ebola epidemic because this has been declared by the World Health Organization as fatal to health.
    As for Filipino citizens still in the affected countries in West Africa, Coloma said the Department of Labor and Employment and the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration are monitoring the situation.
    Add your Story Add your Story