- Posted August 10, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Philippines: All Filipinos in Iraq are safe
“According to the DFA’s (Department of Foreign Affairs) latest report, some 900 Filipinos in Iraq remain safe. The DFA also said airstrikes are far from the Filipino communities,” said Presidential Communication Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr.
US President Barack Obama has ordered limited air strikes against the Islamic militants in the Northern region of Iraq. This is in response to the “potential act of genocide” in that region.
DFA has now raised the warning in Kurdistan, Iraq to Alert Level II (restriction phase), while Alert Level IV is still in effect in the remaining parts of the country.
Coloma said the government closely monitoring the situation in Iraq and the DFA is ready to evacuate Filipinos to a safer place if necessary.
Coloma also said some Filipinos remain in Baghdad where no airstrikes are being reported.