- Posted August 12, 2014 by
- 10 Things You Can Do This Thanksgiving To Get More Grateful Children
- How Books And Stories Can Inspire More Gratitude In Your Children
- Parenting Tip for How to Get More Grateful Kids - MAKE REMINDER CARDS
- Can waiting in line make you & your kids more grateful? Yes!
- Get Grateful Kids With Dinnertime Discussions!
Want Happier & More Grateful Kids? Then Take a Gratitude Walk
It's simple, it's fun, it's FREE and it's going to help you and your kids be more grateful!
So what is a gratitude walk? It's a walk around your yard, your neighborhood or wherever you happen to be, with your children, where you get outside and notice the beauty of nature and all that there is to be grateful for. I've also called this a 'beauty walk' when describing it to my children in years past. It's about stopping and taking the time to notice what's beautiful all around us.
Connecting with nature is also a great way to improve our mood and empower our children to improve theirs.
A gratitude walk can be five minutes or five miles - it doesn't matter how long it is or how far you get, it only matters that you and your children take some time out of your busy schedules and lives, put down the electronics and other distractions and get outside and be mindful, be present, be aware of everything that is around you from birds singing to bees buzzing and to feel grateful for it all.
It's super simple, right? But remember, common sense isn't always common practice so even though this sound super basic, if you don't do it, you don't get the benefit of it!!
Be sure to watch the video for another quick tip on taking a walk like you're with a toddler.
I hope this tip has served you and if you liked this video please share it with your mom or dad network so we can all have happier and more grateful children, and be happier and more grateful ourselves.
As always I would love to hear from you.
1. Where are you and your children going to take your gratitude walk
2. Come back and let us know what you saw that surprised you or that you wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't been paying attention and aware on your gratitude walk
Remember, anytime is a great time to take a gratitude walk with your kids so be sure to take yours soon!
Thanks so much for being here, for being a mom, or dad and for everything you do each and every day to be the best one you can be; and here's to all of us, creating a better world one child, and one family at a time, starting with our own.
Thanks so much for watching and I'll see you next time!