- Posted August 13, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
Massacre victims’ relatives in Phl face danger
"One of the things that we have really implemented is to make sure that the witnesses are covered under the Witness Protection Program," Presidential Spokesperson Edwin Lacierda told reporters in a press briefing.
"That is very important for us—to protect them. And for those who are not covered by the Witness Protection Program, we would ask them and request them to join the program, so that they will not be put in harm’s way," he stressed.
Lacierda advised those being offered money in exchange for their silence to file a complaint in court so that the Department of Justice could conduct an investigation.
“Otherwise, we won’t be able to act on it,” he said.
Lacierda however said it is not clear when the bribery attempt was made, considering that the prosecution has rested its case in the trial of the massacre.
The public, he said, is waiting for the defense to present its pieces of evidence.