- Posted August 13, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Immigration Then-"Give Me Your Tired, Your Poor, Yearning to Breathe Free". Now? "Hungry? Get a Job in Your Own Country"
- Cheney Says "Nothing Americans Do Can Be Called Torture"- Because We're Not the 'WWII Japanese'
- Where Are the 'Good Democrats' Anymore to Stop the GOP's "Legislate by Extortion" Agenda?
- Update: Lake Effect Snow Sorm- Watertown, NY-Jan 7, 2015 - 2am-8am
- Lake Effect Snow Storm East of Lake Ontario- Watertown, NY-Jan 6, 2015
Does Guilt Motivate Poor People To Vote Against Interests By Choosing the GOP?
We certainly understand why many of the wealthy vote for the Corporate lobbying party, but for the rest to do so is like voting for the guy that would cut the rope they're hanging on.
The rich vote their interests. Why don't the poor?
Is it out of guilt? Do the middle class that support the GOP feel they've done something wrong and that the rich have done it all right?
Or could it be simply that the policies of the GOP are designed to rig the game in favor of the rich?
Can't wait to hear this rationale.
The Guardian had a great article on this contradiction: