- Posted August 13, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- The US Revolution is Being Televised
- Obama Backs Spending Bill That Guts Financial Regulation To Avoid Shutdown? Is Obama Really a Democrat?
- No Indictments for Torture- Bush Administration; Murder- Police Officers- Darren Wilson and Daniel Pantaleo, or Fraud- Wall Street Banksters In US?
- Lower Gasoline Prices Are About 'Hurting Russia', Not 'Helping Americans
- US Bears Witness to the Savagery and Idiocy of the CIA's Torture
Does Guilt Motivate Poor People To Vote Against Interests By Choosing the GOP?
We certainly understand why many of the wealthy vote for the Corporate lobbying party, but for the rest to do so is like voting for the guy that would cut the rope they're hanging on.
The rich vote their interests. Why don't the poor?
Is it out of guilt? Do the middle class that support the GOP feel they've done something wrong and that the rich have done it all right?
Or could it be simply that the policies of the GOP are designed to rig the game in favor of the rich?
Can't wait to hear this rationale.
The Guardian had a great article on this contradiction: