- Posted August 13, 2014 by
Watertown, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
- Hillary's 'Baaaack' in Iowa But Just for The Steaks. Whose 'Back' Will She Have? Ours or Wall Street's?
- Bombing the Problems We Caused by Bombing the Problems We Caused Will Totally Work This Time?
- Why Would the GOP Give Obama an Immigration Reform Bill When He's Already Doing What They Want? Deporting All 11 Million Illegals
- This Time...US Needs To Make Sure Iraq’s Gov’t Supports Shia, Sunni, & Kurds-Duh!
- Don't Get Municipal Water Up Your Nose in a 'Red State', Especially in Louisiana
Does Guilt Motivate Poor People To Vote Against Interests By Choosing the GOP?
We certainly understand why many of the wealthy vote for the Corporate lobbying party, but for the rest to do so is like voting for the guy that would cut the rope they're hanging on.
The rich vote their interests. Why don't the poor?
Is it out of guilt? Do the middle class that support the GOP feel they've done something wrong and that the rich have done it all right?
Or could it be simply that the policies of the GOP are designed to rig the game in favor of the rich?
Can't wait to hear this rationale.
The Guardian had a great article on this contradiction: