- Posted August 14, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Your view of the Ferguson protests
- "Weed Out Hate" Promised Land Enrichment instead of Scorched Earth Retribution
- Transforming Ferguson Dreams Into Reality
- Message to ISIS: America Wants to Weed Out Your Hate
- "Weed Out Hate" Appeal to CNN
- Mike Brown to Be Buried; Time to Resurrect Our Intention to Weed Out Hate and Sow Seeds of Peace
Dr. King, Ferguson, MO keeps your dream alive!
The mood was highly charged. There were a few preachers there trying to calm the people down. I asked the older members how many remember Martin Luther King, jr. Then I stated...."Buried within each and everyone of us exists a spark of the divine....Unfortunately, there are all kinds of forces within society that incite the weed seeds of hatred that strive to disconnect us from those roots that Dr. King was so connected with. If we allow the police to incite ús, we play right into their game...This is what they want, they want to keep us in the dark. However, if we inspire THEM to weed out the hate with us, then our spirits our free to rise together and occupy that same dream that Dr. King set before us." The protesters immediately re-directed their negativity and then felt that they had the power to transform things for the better.