- Posted August 14, 2014 by
Brooklyn, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Photo essays: Your stories in pictures
- Glen Cove Hospital in the city where I live is preparing a state of art center for Ebola Treatment..
- Community Garden in Coney Island raises H--- at Halloween!
- Chocolate Coffin Anyone? For Halloween?
- "It's Your Holiday!" The story of Midnite and Chirpee Girl..
- Need a haircut? This is the guy to go to..He Kutz Wit Skillz!
"Make Love not war!" 60's memorabilia in honor of Woodstock anniversary..
I did not attend Woodstock, although I do live in New York and had many friends who did go with flowers in their hair, patched up jeans, back packs, beaten up camper vans, and the lot.
I had these pictures that I took last Saturday at Coney Island's history day in honor of return of the Astroland Rocket. They did a whole 60's theme with astronauts, moon pies and Tang and had a fantastic 60's billboard collage where I got these photos.
Do you have any 60's memories, or did your mom and an dad that you know of?
I have one. Instead of going to my high school prom, rebel artist that I am, me and my friend took the subway into Manhattan and went to Café Wah on Macdougal St. in Greenwich village to see Bob Dylan where he was playing and hung out..
August 14, 2014.
Photos by Linda Glovach.