- Posted August 15, 2014 by
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Who taught you to love food?
Top healthy food choices for breakfast and dinner
It is obvious that breakfast and dinner are the two most important meals of our day. A healthy breakfast can jump start your brain, increase your metabolism and boost your energy level for the rest of the morning. As a matter of fact, those who skip breakfast are more likely to weigh more than those who do not. Besides, having the right and early dinner at the end of the day can help you provide your body with the sufficient amount of nutrients, help you sleep better and feel better. Therefore, it is necessary to create the fun of having breakfast and dinner by finding the best healthy food choices & recipes that are good yet mouthwatering. In this article, you will discover some of the healthy food choices for breakfast and dinner for your family to enjoy together every day.
I.Healthy Food Choices For Breakfast
1. Whole Wheat Pancakes
Pancakes, which are usually forbidden because of their negative effects on our health, now become one of healthy food choices thanks to whole wheat flour and eggs. Moreover, they are even more delicious with a good texture and flavor because of the cinnamon and flaxseed.
- 10 minutes to prepare.
- 14 minutes total.
- 6 servings.
- 1 cup of whole wheat pastry flour or white whole wheat flour.
- 6 teaspoons of buttermilk powder.
- A quarter cup of ground flaxseed.
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Half a teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- 1 egg.
- One and a half cups of water.
- 2 teaspoon of canola oil.
- Create a combination of buttermilk powder, flour, baking powder, flaxseed, salt, cinnamon and baking soda in a large bowl. Stir these ingredients up to mix them together. In another bowl, use a fork to beat the egg, adding oil and water in it. Then add in the mixture you have just made. Whisk, do not beat, the mixture until everything combines. Set it aside for about 5 minutes.
- Use a griddle and heat it over medium high heat. When you are done, turn off the heat. Use a cooking spray to cover the griddle then turn the heat back to the previous temperature. After that, scoop a quarter cup of the batter and pour it on the griddle to create many different circles, making the pancakes.
- Start to cook for about 2 minutes or until the bottoms under the pancakes start turning brown and bubbles start to occur on the tops. You can adjust the heat if you need to. After that, flip the pancakes and let them cook for 2 more minutes or until they are cooked through. If you find the bottoms turning brown too fast, reduce the heat right away. Repeat this step until you finish cooking all the pancakes. Then you can serve while they are still hot or wait for them to cool down for freezing.
2. Ginger And Mango Smoothie
You can always prepare this the night before and put it in the refrigerator overnight, then you will have a fast, simple and healthy food choice in the next morning. It gives a creamy, thick texture thanks to the tofu and vanilla yogurt. Moreover, there is a sweet and subtle flavor because of the ginger, cardamom and mango.
- 5 minutes to prepare.
- 10 minutes total.
- 2 servings.
- 1 cup of vanilla yogurt which contains a low amount of fat.
- Half a mango, peeled and chopped.
- 4 ounces of soft tofu.
- 2 teaspoons of ground flaxseed.
- 1 teaspoon of ginger, finely chopped and crystallized.
- 1 teaspoon of flaxseed oil.
- Put the mango, yogurt, flaxseed, tofu, oil, cardamom and ginger together in a blender. Start to blend the mixture until you receive a smooth texture.
You can read Full version here: Top healthy food choices for breakfast and dinner