- Posted August 15, 2014 by
Must-Knows About The Construction Project Management Software
When construction teams will employ the right project management system, they will most likely to be able to finish plenty of projects on time without the need to go over budget. Experts emphasize that the construction project management software will streamline as well as automate document management, tracking costs, budgeting, and scheduling project phases, resources, and labor. It has a document control module that is responsible for monitoring all change orders, submittals, transmittals, and requests for information. Other invaluable features such software has will include cost control, critical path method, budgeting, scheduling, and punch list management module. These days, there is already construction management software that feature for site-camera and photo management, procurement, online room plans, and bid solicitation. When it comes to purchasing such software, buyers actually have a lot of choices.
Questions To Ask Before Buying Such Software
• What will suit your needs – is it a web-based or on-premise project management software?
• What type of buyer are you? Be knowledgeable that independent construction managers, sub-contractors, general contractors, and building owners will require different features from their software.
• Do your construction team adopt to a new system easily and conveniently?
• Would you need a Leadership in Energy & Environment Design or LEED tracking?
These are just some of the important questions you must answer so you will be able to purchase the right software that will suit your needs and budget.
The Benefits Of Project Management Construction Software
The benefits that such software provides are endless. Regardless of whether you are working on a small- or large-scale project, project management software for construction will lay down the groundwork for an invaluable system.
1. The document control features within this software will be able to create a paper trail for change orders, project plans, transmittals, and more.
2. It will improve accountability as well as reduce any blame games if a project will encounter certain issues. Thus, the liability is curtailed.
3. It ensures that the right crew is working on the right project at the right time.
The Main Challenge When Using This Software
Most project managers will claim that the main challenge when using this software is getting construction members to adopt as well as integrate the new system. And this is indeed a serious problem when the crew does not want changes. There are actually some people who prefer to use the older manual methods of data entry since they are familiar with such. However, if you involve many users in the selection process, this may foster acceptance and adoption. When people know what to expect, there must be no resistance to utilizing such software as it can promote and boost accountability and collaboration.