- Posted August 17, 2014 by
Brooklyn, New York
This iReport is part of an assignment:
Tell us the Good Stuff!
- Spook-A-Rama-Coney Island..Spooks out at Halloween!
- "Beauty is in the eye of the Beholder!" More THRILLER pictures..
- Food Network's Marc Maniac carves up giant Coney Island pumpkin!
- Thriller! NYC Zombie Dance Tribute to the King of pop-Michael Jackson..
- Glen Cove Hospital in the city where I live is preparing a state of art center for Ebola Treatment..
"Sand Castles in the air.."
Yesterday, Saturday was the 24th annual sand sculpting contest on the Coney Island beach and a great one it was. Lots of interesting people were out and about.
The contest sponsored by Astella development corp, in association with BCS, NYC Parks and Alliance for Coney Island brought a lot of great sand sculpting artist's to the beach.
Arizona Ice Tea gave out free cold beverages, limited edition espresso coffees, and paper wallets made of a new product that is supposed to be as strong as leather.
Coney Island Luna Park gave out wrist bands and Frisbees, and pens. There was enough to go around twice for everyone..
I don't know who won the contest, as I had to leave but I will check later.
August 16, 2014.
Photos by Linda Glovach.