- Posted August 17, 2014 by
- China to APEC: Push for free trade
- Obama: Subsidize clean energy production UNITED States President Barack Obama has urged governments to provide tax incentives for the production of clean energy, and to finance research and development for green initiatives. During a forum at the Asia-Pac
- Actions on Climate Change boost businesses - Obama
- PH president welcomes EDCA
- PH, U.S. to enhance defense alliance
766 Filipinos repatriated from Libya
THE Philippine government has expressed its satisfaction over the repatriation of 766 Filipinos from conflict-stricken Libya, a palace official said.
“We’re happy to share the news of the Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) that 766 Filipinos have been repatriated from Libya,” Presidential Communication Operations Office Secretary Herminio Coloma, Jr. said in an interview over dzRB Radio-Manila on Sunday.
According to Coloma, the repatriated Filipinos were first brought to Malta via chartered ship, then flew to Manila via Philippine Airlines through the cooperation of the DFA, the Department of Labor and Employment and the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration.
He also said the government is committed to bring home Filipinos as the heavy fighting between rival militias in Libya continues.
A total of 2,727 Filipinos already been repatriated from Libya, DFA records show.
The government continues to urge Filipinos in Libya as well as their relatives in the war-torn country to return home.